Sunday, August 30, 2009

Clothing, zoo, and dinner.

Nothing exciting has really gone on recently around here. Kinda same ol' same ol'. Which, in a way, I don't mind. Boring is kinda nice!! :) The weather has been unseasonably cool and has gotten me thinking it's fall around here! I've started getting out some of Ella's fall/winter clothes and putting a few of the "smaller" summer ones away. It's always been hard for me to put away clothes I know she'll never wear again. I always think, "she wore that when...." Will I always remember those moments, or will they fade just like so many other things? Getting out newer, aka "hand me downs" or "clearance items" or "garage sale finds" always makes it a little easier. The anticipation of how cute she'll look helps!! :) Now I understand, "only through a mother's eyes"..... ha!

We have made several trips to the zoo this year with our pass. We love it because we never feel pressured to stay too long. We go for an hour or so sometimes just to get out and see a few of our favorite animals. With the pass is included half-off admission at a lot of other zoo's in the US. In a few weeks we are heading to the Columbus zoo, which we hear is great. Should be a nice, cheap getaway for a day! :)
Here's a pic of Ella at our last zoo trip, just a week or so ago:



This last Thursday we had perfect weather for eating dinner out on the patio. We grilled out pork chops and it was great. growing up, I ate out on the patio a lot. In fact, it was the same table! It was handed down to me when I moved out on my own and needed one, and I've just painted it a few times and it's good to go! It's gotta be at least 20+ years old. Ugh! I'm old!!! Hopefully I age as gracefully as that table...ha!
When Brad and I came back outside after taking dishes in to the sink, this is how we found Ella. Her belly was full and she was propping her feet up!



That's all the updating for now. Ella's snug in her crib and Brad's into a movie, I think I'm gonna go to bed and catch up on some reading! G'night!

No comments: