Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Labor Day weekend

We traveled to see family up in Michigan near Grand Rapids over the holiday weekend. My cousin, Megan, and her husband Josh had just bought a house and we were their first official "houseguests". :) They have a beautiful home and we enjoyed our time there. When we got there Saturday late afternoon, my aunt, uncle, and cousin Kalee were there also for a cookout. Ella had a great time running around and being the center of attention as the only child there.

Here's Ella winding down at the end of the night with my Uncle.

The girls chatting around the table.

The next day the girls decided to head to Lake Michigan around Grand Haven/Muskegon to walk around and just enjoy the day. The guys headed up north to the hunting cabin to work on a few things. I don't know what all they did, probably boring Guy stuff. We just walked along the shoreline mostly. Ella loved the big boats and all the ducks, as well as the dogs being walked. She was very entertained! We walked for miles! There was even a naval museum we came across that had a submarine parked for us to see. That stuff usually doesn't excite me much but to see it up close and to know it fought in a war (don't ask me what one, I HATED history!) was pretty cool. On the walk back, Ella spotted a playground on the beach and had to check it out. Man, the older they get the smarter and more aware of things they get.....;) I can't hide ANYTHING from her anymore!

A view of the beach



My Aunt Bec and cousin Kalee.



Ella and I in front of the submarine.



See??? I'm actually learning something!! :)



She belongs on the beach!!



Here she is on the playground with Megan.



Remember a few posts ago how I said she likes to lay in the sand??? Everytime!



Back at the house that evening we got a little Wii tournament going. I had the most fun taking "action" shots of everyone playing. It was cracking me up!!
Here's Brad and his nice bowling form.



Kalee...



Meg....



And....Moi!! I need LOTS of room to play this stuff! haha and I was not being dramatic, I didn't even know the pic was being taken!!



Cute pic of the girls watching the action.



We had a great time being with family, and hope to do it again sometime soon! Here's a few more pics of Ella being her goofy self. What's new??

She discovered the kitchen counter island is the perfect height for "swinging"!



She loved playing in the bathroom, especially the shower. Her eye is swollen from a bug bite. :( It was pretty nasty for a few days.



Hope everyone had a great Holiday!!

2 comments:

Sarah said...

The pics are hilarious, Jen! Combine those with the video Jill took of Larry doing the Wii hula-hoop, and we'll have a real laugh fest!!

Jen Johnson said...

I know! That's what it made me think of! :)