Saturday, August 8, 2009

Dad's birthday weekend

My brother recently got a camper and boat and has been staying at a campground up in Michigan on the weekends. My dad's 60th birthday was last Sunday so we all went up to hang out and be together for the weekend. When we were kids my parents had a speedboat so getting to do it together again was so much fun and brought back a lot of memories. Ella had a great time and discovered she loves boating as well. She prefers to "go fast," none of that slow stuff for our daredevil! My brother's gf, Lisa, and I rode with her to go "tubing," and she thought it was ok, but we went too slow for her liking. She wanted back in the boat and preferred to watch everyone else tube. Back at the camper, we spent time around the fire and made some great meals together. I think we ate better around a campfire than most nights at home! We all had so much fun together, it was a great weekend! I'll leave you with some pics.

Ella on the ride up. Think she's sick of us??

We had just gotten there, she's checking out the digs.

Our mansion for the weekend.

Brad and I with Lisa's son and cousin.

Ella with DJ's two dogs, Toby and Lilly. She loved their dog bed, and loved to torment them, not necessarily in that order.

Lisa and I.(her son in the background)

My brother, Brad, and I

The morning of dad's birthday, making breakfast.


She feels the need for speed!

Taking Ella tubing.


Miss Hollywood is ready for some boatin'. :)


Taking over the wheel.


So much fun! Pooped out.

2 comments:

Sarah said...

I love all the pics you post of Ella. :-)

Tim Hallman said...

Looks like very fun times! I see Ella likes to drive the speed boat, eh!