Sunday, June 7, 2009

Couldn't be so lucky....

Well, that didn't last long! Just a day and a half later the sand was discovered. Ella was trying to get to the neighbor's sandbox, so we let her in on the secret. Man, was she excited! She's really been enjoying it and most nights we have to strip her down before letting her back in the house. I see lots more laundry in my future! Well, maybe Brad does, since he's doing it more than I lately. ;) Oh, to be that happy again with the simple things! On Friday nights throughout the summer, Jefferson Pointe mall has a "Friday Night Live" concert that's free to the public. Different local bands take turns playing. This last Friday was the first one of the year, and we headed down to spend a few hours. We first started going 2 summers ago when Ella was about 5-6 wks old. She had just started her colicky stage (yuck!) and the beat of the music soothed her and it was good for me to get out for a bit! Last year she enjoyed it also, and was boogying (is that a word?) while still having to hold on to the stroller. Now, onto this year.....she is definitely fully mobile! Ella just LOVES to dance, or "shake her bacon" as we like to call it, and she did her fair share! I got a few pics toward the end, I forgot all about taking some til then!
Next time we'll have to take a ball for her to play with, too...she kept trying to steal all the other kids'! We were running after her quite a bit.
Saturday night Ella and I were invited to our neighbors 6 yr old's dance recital. I decided to take her with me because I figured if she could sit through a HS graduation and a choir concert, this would be a piece of cake! AND...I was right! She absolutely loved it!! Dancing on laps the whole time, totally infatuated with the dancers, bright lights, and sequins. It was really cute, I wish I could've had some pics of her! Brad and I are pretty certain we see a few dance recitals in our future. :)

After church today, (and Ella's MUCH-needed 3 hour nap), we drove out to the farm. Brad and I have been doing quite a bit of landscaping around the house, and needed (wanted) a sizable rock for the front of the house, and they have plenty out in the fields. Of course we had to stop and see the pigs for Ella before heading out.

I'm definitely not a farm-girl because I can't stand the smell! ugh....doesn't seem to bother Ella though, and it's nostalgia for Brad. Poor guy! ha It didn't take long out in the field for us to settle on a rock. Ella wasn't quite sure about the uneven surface and was holding onto us pretty good!
All in all, it was a good weekend, and I still have two more days before I'm back to work. Yay!

1 comment:

Sarah said...

We're just starting to check into some dance options for Audrey. With her it's a love of playing dress-up, and I thought she would love to put on a "pretty dress" for a dance class each week. I'm not sure if we'll start her somewhere this fall or wait another year. By the way, I still have a stack of swim diapers and coupons for you.