Thursday, July 16, 2009

Random

We've been out and about quite a bit this summer enjoying a lot of "cheap or free entertainment." We've had so much fun, and we've still got a lot of Summer left! We hit the zoo again a week or so ago, and this time I let Ella do two things that I've been trying to keep her away from...must've been having a good day! ha She always wants to wants to play in the fountain that's strategically placed where you can't miss it....so I finally gave in! She had a blast, and would've stayed in there forever, but Brad finally lured her out with ice cream. A girl after my own heart. :)

She's digging her sunglasses lately. Whenever I have mine on, she always has to have hers.


I also let her go in the pen with the goats, which I've always tried to avoid. For some reason, I just think it's so gross. They're always biting at you, and you have to watch where you step....yuck. Just not for me..I'm more of a look, don't touch type of girl. Well, obviously Ella didn't get that trait from me. She's running around trying to touch every goat, while they're about bowling her over, but she didn't care. I'm glad she had such a good time, but I think it's Brad's turn to go in there next time. ;)

We went to the splash pad at one of the local parks recently, and this is a pic of Ella on the way home....a pooped girl who decided to put her own hat on....

Another first: Our mall has a merry-go-round in the food court (how convenient), and Ella got to have her first ride recently. I gave in and finally promised her one if she was good while we were there. She's starting to not forget these things! It's time to start living up to my promises....haha

And one last thing. My friend Jacki and her little girl Emily went with us to the TRF parade last Saturday. It was my first time going and it was pretty fun. We didn't know if it was going to stop raining so we could go, but it did just in time. We had VIP seats from Jacki's boss at work so we didn't have to try and find seating with two toddlers, which was nice. Emily and Ella are only 3 wks apart in age, and starting to have lots of fun and play together pretty well. We had a good time at the parade, and afterward the girls got some balloon animals too. Ella is so into balloons right now, we seem to have 4 or 5 half-inflated ones laying around right now, a couple that used to be shaped like animals, but no longer are. whatever makes 'em happy!! I find that to be true more every day!! ha

Here's Jacki holding Ella with Emily in the background.

Ella doesn't always like to pose for pictures.


Towards the end of the parade, she was more interested in a toothbrush she got.


jacki waiting on a balloon for Em.


Ella with her balloon "mouse." She wasn't quite sure about it at first.


I'd say that's enough pics for now!

3 comments:

Jen Wilcoxson said...

Love reading your blog Jen. I can't believe how much Ella looks like you. I also can't believe that you have never let her in to see the goats at the zoo!! Come on it is the best part! I think you are a bigger city girl than me!;) BTW if you are at WC's 4-H fair check out the goats there,this is Aaron's first year with his goat. Hope to see ya soon!

Sarah said...

I was cracking up at most of what you said in this post! Ahhh..life with Ella...appears to be a lot like life with Audrey. Oh, and Audrey's favorite carousel animal is the white bunny. How ironic that "her" animal was in the picture with Ella. :-) And I also completely agree with you on the goats...that's something I prefer to avoid myself.

Jen Johnson said...

Thanks guys! It's good to get some feedback and know that people are actually reading my randomness and I'm not completely writing to myself! ha
Jen-we have been down to the 4H once but haven't made it to the goats yet. Planning on going again tomorrow, I'll make sure to check them out! And YES, I don't really have much "country" in me!! haha
Sarah- thanks so much for having us over the other night...we all had so much fun and the older Ella gets the more fun she has playing with all your kiddos!!!