Tuesday, July 21, 2009

A day at the Lake

Last Monday we were invited to spend the day up at a lake around Fremont with some friends. Brad opted to stay home to enjoy the peace and quiet he rarely gets anymore. (Can't blame him!) We had such a fun day, Ella was in heaven with a huge sand pile and nice, shallow beach area. Not to mention all the kids that were there. It was a great day, minus THE incident.....
Toward the late afternoon, Ella was playing around in the water and decided she wanted to get up and down off of the pier, repeatedly. I didn't mind at first because she wasn't going far, but she soon started pressing her luck and trying to go further and further out onto the pier. I was standing with my feet just in the water snapping some pictures of her. To make a long story short, after one of her jaunts on the pier I scolded her and told her not to do it again or she would have to get out of the water. She played around on the beach for a few minutes after that, until she thought I wasn't looking. She got back on the pier and just as I turned my head to look at her, she looked back over her shoulder to see if I was looking and took off running down the pier at the same time. Well, needless to say, she lost her balance and slid right into the water! I, of course, went diving right in after her. As I was running toward her, my sandal got stuck in the wet sand and broke and everything happened so fast I completely forgot I had my camera around my wrist as I'm pulling her out of the water.....ugh!!!
I was thankful she was OK, but still wanting to ring her neck for not listening to me! My camera suffered the most damage. It would not work at all after taking one last picture there. I was not happy and laid everything out to dry. Lucky for us (and Ella) about 24 hours later it works perfectly. Everything survived in the end...other than my (favorite) sandal....Brad tried gluing it for me, but it didn't work too well. I still can't bring myself to throw the things away though!! :)I am definitely glad Ella was ok, though, and hoped she has learned a lesson from this!!
Here's some pics from the day



The last pic before the camera took a swim. Notice she's on the pier.
And, the last picture before my camera died. Ella's drowning her sorrows with food. Pun intended.

No comments: