Saturday, July 4, 2009

Randi Graduated!!

Last weekend our family headed north of Grand Rapids, MI for my cousin's graduation party. It's always a lot of fun to go up and visit; we don't seem to get to do it often enough. This was, unfortunately, a pretty quick trip as we had to get back to Brads niece's birthday party in Ohio the next afternoon. Whew! A lot of traveling, but worth it! This is a pic of Ella on the way there...conked out, but still stylin' in the sunglasses! :) Ella had a great time in Michigan, thoroughly entertaining everyone. She LOVED all the balloons, and even got in on a badminton game or two.
My aunt and uncle even surprised Randi with a 10 foot long banana split for dessert! A local ice cream shop comes and sets it up, it is so cool to watch. They had the same thing for her at her 1st birthday party, and decided to do it again for her graduation. I remember it the last time they did it, and I can't believe it was that long ago.....I feel old!!
Here's Randi getting first dibs on the ice cream!Here's just one more pic of me, my grandma, and my cousin Meg enjoying our time together.
It was a lot of fun and my aunt outdid herself as always!

On Sunday morning, after saying all our goodbyes, we headed on our way over to Ohio for Addie's birthday party. Ella did pretty good with all the traveling, but was VERY ready to get out and run around once we finally made it to the party. She had a great time playing with her cousins, as always. They have a toy tractor that she was having a lot of fun with!
Brad and I thought Addie needed her "own" make-up kit for her 4th birthday, and it proved to be a good choice! She was making sure everyone she could persuade got a little blush, or eyeshadow, or lipgloss....or all 3! One of the little boys at the party wanted to get in on the make-up, and Addie was happy to oblige. The next two pictures crack me up...it seems at first Ella is very concerned with the idea, and then decides she might as well join in and make sure he looks nice! lol

All in all, it was a very busy, but great weekend. Ella got a great night sleep after all that, and so did we!

No comments: