Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Happy Birthday, Grandpa!

Last Saturday was my grandpa's 81st birthday, and we dropped by to visit and celebrate with him. Grandparents are so important to me, I don't know what I'd ever do without them. They all are so much a part of my upbringing and memories I have; it sometimes pains me to think about Ella not having my mom around as she's growing up. I know her other grandparents make up for it, as well as the rest of our family. We are very lucky.

Here is grandpa with his Birthday treats. Anyone who knows him knows how obsessed he is with sweets! He can put anyone to shame when it comes to a plateful of cookies, pie, and cake.

(If you look carefully, in the bottom, left-hand corner of the chocolate cake, there is a piece missing. Who would've done such a thing? Surely not my sweet, innocent grandmother....just want to see if you're reading this, Grandma!! :) She thought no one would notice!



My cousin and Aunt from Michigan came down to spend the weekend. We wished Grandpa a Happy Birthday, and got ready to dig in. Notice how Ella's got her eyes on the prize!!



Hope you have a fantastic year of good luck and good health, Gramps!! We love you soooo much!!

*SMOOCH*

No comments: