Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Christmas catch-up

Because I've been such a slacker on this blogging,and it would take an eternity to bring you up to speed on the Holidays until current with our family, I'm going to pretty much just do a "picture post." You're going to see tons of pics, I'm warning you now!

This is the picture we chose to use for our Christmas card this year....I just felt like being a little creative. :)





The caption underneath the picture was "Finally a Silent Night". Most people loved it, though there were a few who didn't recognize the humor...let me know what you think!

Ella's cousin Addie stopped over one day close to Christmas and the girls had a ball "dressing up!"



We took Ella to the Festival of Trees this year, and she loved it, especially all the dancing that was going on in the theater. Here she is posing with one of the trees.



Ella and I took a road trip to Valporaiso University with my grandma and niece to see my cousin sing in a Christmas program. It was beautiful and professional, something I'm not quite sure is suited for a 2 yr old. We were seated in the FRONT row, with an orchestra not 2 feet from us. I though it would be ok, all the music and action would keep her nice and distracted. Well, at the very beginning of the concert, when everyone quieted down from warming up and the conductor brought his hand up to silence everyone....guess who yelled out....yep, my darling daughter. I was beet red; the conductor turned slowly around to us while I sank further into the pew....and...he smiled. I was so thankful that he was understanding. I spent most of the performance praying that she would stay quiet! And, she did, for the most part. :)
Here's a pic of us in Randi's dorm room, before we headed to our hotel for the weekend.



We went and saw Santa Claus, she was pretty leery at first. It took a lot of persuading; she finally sat on his lap so she could shake his jingle bells.



This was from our Christmas program at church. Ella dressed up as Mary. I'm going to be nice and not show the picture of Brad as the sheep. :)



We have a Secret Santa exchange at work every year, and this year I was so excited to get this apron. It made my day! I wore it every chance I had until I had to sadly put it away until next year.



First Christmas present of the year! My sister and her family got Ella this great table and chairs set. It's perfect for her playdough she got for Christmas too! She uses it all the time...calls it her "table and rocking chairs."



Ella and I did just a little baking together, here's a pic I couldn't resist. Definitely the fun part of baking!



Christmas Eve was spent at Brad's parents. Ella had a great time hanging with her cousins and opening presents.



Did ya get it all, El?



Addie and Ella modeling the aprons and hats Grandma made for them. Aren't they cute??



Our humble little Christmas tree bogged down with presents. I got this tree when Ella was an infant and I didn't want a real tree in the house. It was just supposed to be temporary, but it's so quick to put up and easy to decorate, I can't part with it!



Christmas morning at our house. I was sooo excited this year to see the joy on Ella's face; it is priceless time together that I'm looking forward to for years to come.




Here she is using her new baby bathtub as a sled. Sitting behind her is a gift I received from my neice. She drew this picture of Ella from her 1 year photo and it was entered in a contest. I had seen it hanging in the school and was pretty impressed, so she wrapped it up and gave it to me. I was pretty excited; it's hanging in her room and it looks perfect. :)



After our morning at home, we got around to head to my Dad's. Ella was very excited to put on her Santa dress.





So excited about her princess tea set! I don't understand how little girls are just drawn to princess things, I think it's just in the DNA.



My brother, Ella, and my dad. 3 generations of orneriness. (Is that a word?)



The day after Christmas; getting recharged. They were so peaceful sleeping together.



Off to my grandparents for a White elephant Christmas! So fun! Ella takes a moment to stop running around and/or eating for a photo op with cousin Megan.



My niece Carlee (that drew the picture), and my cousins Megan, Randi (that sings at Valpo), and Kalee. Aren't they beautiful? :)



And so begins the opening of the gifts....

My dad received a wig




Megan got some great cowboy boots (compliments of me)




Carlee got some awesome potholders




Everyone was jealous of my Aunt Bec's mannequin head!



Ella and Megan's husband Josh sporting the "doo rags." I didn't even know what those actually were until then!



We got a few days reprieve, then headed over to Warsaw to my grandparents (mom's side) to spend some time with them. A few of my cousins that I hadn't seen in years came by with their children. Ella was in heaven with all the kids!



We had a great Christmas this year, and if you made it through all those photos and you're still reading, I'm proud of you! I warned you there were a lot! I'll try to do better at posting more often, so this doesn't happen again too often. ;)

3 comments:

MG said...

Wow! That is awesome! Good work girl ;) Love you guys!

Sarah said...

Whew...at least you update more than once a year! (We gotta get Jill to update hers!)

Jen Johnson said...

Thanks, Meggy! :) Luv you too!!

Yes, I do get to it a little more often then that...sometimes goes in spurts. ;) You def need to talk to Jill, I want some updates on the kiddos! lol