Monday, November 30, 2009

Pig and Potty

A couple of weeks ago Brad was asked to bring in a pig from his family's farm to church. It's not what you think...LOL. A few months prior, the kids had auctioned off some books and toys to the congregation to raise money to buy animals and send them to the poor, which are used for barter in other countries. One of the animals they were able to purchase for them was a pig, so he wanted to actually show the kids what they had been able to buy.



I think the kids really enjoyed it; I know Ella did. She didn't want Brad to take it away, and when we got home from church we kept it in the garage for awhile until it was time to go back to the farm. Ella thought that was too funny. Cocoa wasn't so sure, as we had the pig in her crate. All the time Ella is still saying "piggy in the garage?" or "Piggy at church?"



OH, and one more little announcement:

WE ARE POTTY-TRAINED!!! Woohoo!



She had taken interest after we received some little potty seats from friends, so one day I just decided this is it; we're gonna give it a real shot. Literally, by the end of the first day she had the hang of it. It was almost too easy, and I kept waiting for the backfire. I have heard and witnessed so many horror stories with potty-training, I was actually pretty pessimistic at first about the whole thing, and really dreading it. Well, luckily she proved me wrong and doesn't even want to be in diapers anymore; but that may be because she knows she's going to bed when she gets one! ha I don't quite trust her through the night yet. But, I'm very happy with the progress we've made.....another milestone...WHEW! :)

No comments: